Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Shooting swans from my verandah

 It's six below freezing. It's snowing fluffs quietly, like in slow motion, creating funny hats on winter jutters. There's almost ten centimeters powder on the ground. Dark water engulfs quietly fluffy flakes while flowing slowly towards Puula lake.
Silent cackle, like talking, carries from upstream. Suddenly there is a Whooper Swan family in front of me. Parents and four overgrown "ugly ducklings". They are sailing slowly downstream feeding on weed at the same time. How big they are this close. I shoot my camera few times. At he same time the parents awake about my presence. The silent noise from my camera sounds probably beyond fifteen meters. With high necks peeking behind their back the group paddles majestically further. Later, just before the shimmer of the blue moment fades away they came to sleep on the ice cover of Pölhö island in front of the hut. What a wonderful day this was.


No comments:

Post a Comment